Norway Photography Workshop
March 15-23, 2024
Norway Photography Workshop is a fantastic opportunity for both amateur and professional photographers to hone their skills in one of the most beautiful and picturesque locations in the world. Our main base will be at the Lofoten Islands Located in the Arctic Circle of Norway. The Lofoten Islands offer stunning landscapes of rugged mountains, amazing beaches, and small fishing villages with red and yellow wooden houses. We will be staying at Lofoten Islands (5 days) and in Bergen (3 days) during the month of March 2024 providing participants with the unique opportunity to capture the Northern Lights, also known as the Aurora Borealis, which are only visible in the polar regions.
We will be mainly chasing Northern Lights during the night. In addition to the Northern Lights, during the day we will explore snow-capped mountains, crystal-clear water, rugged fjords, and colorful fishing boats. The workshop will typically include a range of activities, including group photo shoots, individual assignments, and classroom sessions. During the classroom sessions which will cover a range of topics, including camera settings, composition, and post-processing techniques, providing participants with the knowledge and skills they need to take their photography to the next level. Our accommodations at the Lofoten Islands will be the famous Rorbuer cabins (red color cabins) which comes with heated flooring, private bathrooms, kitchen and a living room area.
After exploring Lofoten Islands, we will fly to Bergen and will explore this beautiful city. We will also take a ride on Flåmsbana, one of the world’s most beautiful train journeys packed with amazing nature and landscapes to enjoy.
Overall, the Norway Photography Workshop is an excellent opportunity for anyone interested in landscape photography to develop their skills, learn from experienced photographers, and explore one of the most beautiful places on Earth. Whether you’re an amateur photographer looking to improve your skills or a professional photographer looking for new inspiration, the Norway Photography Workshop is an experience you won’t want to miss.
Areas We Will Be Discovering
- Fredvang bridges, Ramberg (beach and famous red cabin),
- Skagsandnes, Flakstadpollen, Nusfjord, Vikten
- Gimsøy, Henningsvær
- Vestvågøy coastal road (via Valberg), Hov,
- Gimsøy church, Kabelvåg, Svolvaer, Henningsvaer.
- Skagsandnes, Flakstadpollen, Storsandnes, Myrland
- Tind, Å i Lofoten, Reine, Sakrisøy (yellow cabin), Hamnøy (famous bridge view
- Camera- DSLR/ mirrorless, compact or mobile phone camera
- Sturdy Tripod
- Laptop with Lightroom and Photoshop software
- Arctic clothing
- Hiking shoe- moderate amount of walking
- External Battery Charger for cell phone
- Don’t forget to bring your drone– Norway is a wonderful place for drone/aerial photography