Timeless Beauty: From the East to the West Coast of Scotland.
A Nature, Landscape & Light Photography Workshop
September 6th - Arrive in Edinburgh
Early evening walk around the beguiling closes of the historic Old town. Welcome dinner for the group.
After breakfast head out of Edinburgh to North Berwick/ S. Queensferry to take a boat trip to the Isle of May and capture the magical and colourful puffins and beautiful seascapes. Back to Edinburgh for stroll to capture the change in light and encapsulate dramatic views from Arthurs seat/ Carlton Hill early evening
September 7th / May 8th
– Meandering to Oban, passing Loch Lomond, Rest and Be Thankful – views of Arrochar alps, Loch Fyne, Inveraray/Inveraray Castle to Kilchurn Castle/ Loch Awe, through the pass of Brander and arriving at Oban. Board the ferry to the Isle of Mull, stunning views of the Inner Hebrides, stay two nights on the beautiful island. Nature – highland cattle, birdlife, sea life, dramatic sandy beaches, sea views, boats, characterful remote out buildings.
Travel from your accommodation on Mull to Fishnish ferry terminal, sail across to Loch Aline via the Sound of Mull. Journey across Morven to take the Corran ferry to Loch Aber, onwards to the melancholic and epic grandure, that is Glencoe. Immerse your creativity in the landscapes and continue along through Glen Etive. Drive/ walk to the Etive falls before heading to your place of resting this evening at Arisaig/ Mallaig.
10th & 11th
Mallaig to Armadale ferry abound, prepare for sea life and the backdrop of the mainland disseminating, an hours journey and views of the islands as you edge closer to the mystical Isle of Skye. Arrive this morning in Skye with its wild, dramatic scapes and imposing views. Sunset on Skye and another full days’ shooting – castles, the quiraing, Trotternish peninsula, mountains, waterfalls, sky lines, sea splendours and the magical fairy glen & pools, wonderful.
Day to journey back to Edinburgh. Free evening after a long days drive to either: take the opportunity to enjoy the city views after checking in to your accommodations, a final group dram, any finale shots/ shopping and relaxed evening to bring the tour to a close.
September 13th Transfer to airport
Each of these destinations offers numerous opportunities to photograph the timeless beauty, historic castles, dramatic coastline, pristine beaches and small fishing villages of the West Coast of Scotland.
Things to Bring
- Camera- preferably a DSLR camera DSLR, mirrorless, compact or iPhone cameras
- Laptop with Lightroom or other basic photo editing software
- Comfortable clothing
- Warm clothing
- Swimming trunk
- Waterproof/ jacket raincoat
- Comfortable shoe- moderate amount of walking
- External Battery Charger for cell phone
- 24-70 mm
- Any kit lens will be also acceptable
- Circular Polarizer
- 10 stop ND Filter
- Camera Release Cable
Beginner, amateur, and semi-pro photographers
(non-photographers also welcome)
This photography workshop involved moderate level of physical fitness.
Payment is by invoice and payable through paypal: firstname.lastname@example.org
The non-refundable deposit is calculated as 20% of the total amount payable at time of booking.
Payment of the balance is due one month before the tour commences. Contact us via email or contact form for workshop fee.
- Accommodation (3 & 4 star hotels)
- Daily breakfast
- Comfortable/ luxury transport with plenty of room for camera equipment and luggage
- Ferry crossings
- Private guide/driver services
- 2x group airport transfers
- Any additional meals
- Entry fees
In case the workshop is filled, and you decide to cancel, we will refund you the full amount you paid minus $300 as service charge. In case there are still seats available for the workshop and you decide to cancel, then you will be refunded based on the following: More than 60 days to the commencement of the workshop: we will refund you the full amount minus $300 fee. 45 – 60 days: 50% refund. Less than 45 days: no refund We will refund you by the same method you originally paid for the workshop